A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Radiant Dawn is a post apocalyptic, multiplayer game, set in the radioactive ruins of a mostly forgotten world. Befriend mutated animals and have them fight by your side as you venture into lush forests, overgrown ruins, and treacherous caverns.
This is a proof of concept release. The game is completely free to play in the proof of concept test period.
- Arrow keys control movement.
- Left shift enables running.
- Space interacts with NPCs and start fights with animals and other players.
- Escape opens the menu.
- Number keys control choices when talking to NPCs.
- Fixed spontaneous server crashes (hopefully). Nope, didn't fix, but found the root of the problem.
0.8.0 - 2017-03-06:
- Fixed a server crash introduced in 0.7.0.
0.7.0 - 2017-03-05:
- Fixed fox given by NPC disappearing from party when quitting.
- Fixed animals not respawning.
0.6.0 - 2017-02-27:
- Added new graphics to menus. They are temporary, don't worry.
- Accidentally deleted entire description.
0.5.1 - 2017-02-22:
- Made a full reset of the database. This should not be necessary again.
- Fixed client client freezing on disconnection instead of showing the disconnection screen.
- Made client chat box appear and disappear on hitting the enter key.
- Fixed client crashing in loading world state.
0.4.0 - 2017-02-13:
- Made items persist.
0.3.6 - 2017-02-10:
- Enabled wild animals to gain experience.
- Enabled animals to persist through server restarts.
- Changed starting location to the village to avoid being caught by wolves immediately after starting.
- Added half of max life to an animal's life when it wins a battle.
0.3.5 - 2017-02-05:
- Fixed a bug where a crash in OpenAL would shut off music until the client was restarted.
0.3.4 - 2017-02-05:
- Reduced client size from ~100 MB to ~30 MB.
- Added a few new levels, accessible from the south east part of the village.
- Lots of server changes that should be invisible to the client.
0.3.3 - 2017-01-31:
- Added license.
0.3.2 - 2017-01-31:
- Made this page public.
0.3.1 - 2017-01-30:
- Added manifest, allowing the Itch App to properly launch the game.
0.3.0 - 2017-01-29:
- First Itch release.
- Made wolves aggressive.
- The server sometimes crashes.
|Published||52 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, Massively multiplayer, MMORPG, Open World, Post-apocalyptic, Real-Time, Top Down Adventure, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average duration||A few seconds|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Use the Itch App to download the game.
This game is written in Java 8 and requires a Java Virtual Machine version 8 or later to run. This can be found here:
- Zulu for Windows, macOS, and Linux. This is a completely free and open source build of OpenJDK, courtesy of Azul.
- Oracle for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other operating systems, courtesy of Oracle. Beware that the installer may try to also install Ask Toolbar, which may need to be manually unchecked to avoid.
Having a Java Virtual Machine installed should be enough to run the game in theory. The launcher will open a file named client.jar, which may need to be associated with Java in order to run.
Please complain on the discussion board if you have trouble running the game or installing Java.