A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Radiant Dawn is a post apocalyptic, multiplayer game, set in the radioactive ruins of a mostly forgotten world. Befriend mutated animals and have them fight by your side as you venture into lush forests, overgrown ruins, and treacherous caverns.
This is a proof of concept release. The game is completely free to play in the proof of concept test period.
- WASD keys control movement.
- Left shift enables running.
- Space start fights with animals and other players.
- E starts a trade with a player and a conversation with an NPC.
- Escape opens the menu.
- Number keys control choices when talking to NPCs.
- Enter opens the chat.
- Highest wild animal level: 1252.
0.22.0 - 2017-09-07:
- Improved path finding for wild animals.
- Changed animal AI.
0.21.0 - 2017-08-07:
- Added item stacking.
- Added an extra finalizing stage to trading to prevent scamming.
- Added active/inactive indication to buttons.
0.20.0 - 2017-07-17:
- Added trading between players. The E key starts a trade.
- Fixed invisible menu buttons sometimes being clickable.
- Changed input handling to happen every 10 ms regardless of frame rate.
- Added new NPC dialogue display (edited 2017-07-24).
0.19.0 - 2017-07-04:
- Fixed an issue where only a single fight indicator would show up.
- Made wild animal move selection random.
- Lowered the damage of Rabid bite.
- Added support for 32 pixel maps, with 64 pixel maps to be removed.
0.18.0 - 2017-06-12:
- Fixed menu being behind names and NPC interaction being behind the chat box.
- Fixed newly added players and animals not showing before moving (regression from 0.16.0).
- Fixed selecting exit during a battle on the swap screen causing a crash.
0.17.0 - 2017-06-05:
- Fixed chat being hidden by some terrain.
- Fixed defending animal not moving with the background.
- Fixed names not being displayed.
- Added a visual cue when a battle starts between other players or animals.
0.16.0 - 2017-05-29:
- No new features or fixes.
0.15.0 - 2017-05-09:
- Increased chat display duration from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Changed the way nested menus are displayed.
0.14.0 - 2017-05-07:
- Fixed fleeing or disconnecting during battle relocating you to the village.
0.13.0 - 2017-04-30:
- Switched controls from arrow keys to WASD. I apologize for the initial confusion.
0.12.2 - 2017-04-29:
- Fixed the game accepting input when in the chat box or in a menu (typing a space could start a battle).
0.12.1 - 2017-04-25:
- Fixed the chat box accepting input when it's invisible.
0.12.0 - 2017-04-24:
- Losing a battle now relocates the player to the village.
0.11.0 - 2017-04-18:
- Added animal breeding. Have at least 2 and at most 4 animals in your party. The last two will be give an offspring. Talk to the middle NPC in the eastern part of the village. This NPC will also give you an animal if you ask nicely.
- Animal stats from breeding is based on the offspring's parents. It's possible to improve stats through chain breeding.
0.10.0 - 2017-04-10:
- Added the ability to release animals. It is available from the animal menu (press Escape, click Animals, click an animal) through the Remove button. It is only possible to remove animals when the party size is larger than 1.
0.9.0 - 2017-04-06:
- Mostly fixed frequent server crashes and subsequent downtime. The server should restart automatically as mentioned in the previous update. The crashes seem to come from the server running on the cheapest cloud product money can buy, which is probably not changing anytime soon.
- Added genetic stats to animals. Existing animals will have a genetic modifier of 0, new animals will have a random modifier between -50 and 100, with 0 being the most probable. Stats currently do nothing, but are visible in the animal menu.
- Another attempt at fixing spontaneous crashes. The server now properly restarts on crash. However, up time is sometimes just a few minutes. We're still investigating.
- Fixed spontaneous server crashes (hopefully). Nope, didn't fix, but we found the root of the problem.
0.8.0 - 2017-03-06:
- Fixed a server crash introduced in 0.7.0.
0.7.0 - 2017-03-05:
- Fixed fox given by NPC disappearing from party when quitting.
- Fixed animals not respawning.
0.6.0 - 2017-02-27:
- Added new graphics to menus. They are temporary, don't worry.
- Accidentally deleted entire description.
0.5.1 - 2017-02-22:
- Made a full reset of the database. This should not be necessary again.
- Fixed client client freezing on disconnection instead of showing the disconnection screen.
- Made client chat box appear and disappear on hitting the enter key.
- Fixed client crashing in loading world state.
0.4.0 - 2017-02-13:
- Made items persist.
0.3.6 - 2017-02-10:
- Enabled wild animals to gain experience.
- Enabled animals to persist through server restarts.
- Changed starting location to the village to avoid being caught by wolves immediately after starting.
- Added half of max life to an animal's life when it wins a battle.
0.3.5 - 2017-02-05:
- Fixed a bug where a crash in OpenAL would shut off music until the client was restarted.
0.3.4 - 2017-02-05:
- Reduced client size from ~100 MB to ~30 MB.
- Added a few new levels, accessible from the south east part of the village.
- Lots of server changes that should be invisible to the client.
0.3.3 - 2017-01-31:
- Added license.
0.3.2 - 2017-01-31:
- Made this page public.
0.3.1 - 2017-01-30:
- Added manifest, allowing the Itch App to properly launch the game.
0.3.0 - 2017-01-29:
- First Itch release.
- Made wolves aggressive.
- The server sometimes crashes.
|Published||265 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, Massively multiplayer, MMORPG, Open World, Post-apocalyptic, Real-Time, Top Down Adventure, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Use the Itch App to download the game.
This game is written in Java 8 and requires a Java Virtual Machine version 8 or later to run. This can be found here:
- Zulu for Windows, macOS, and Linux. This is a completely free and open source build of OpenJDK, courtesy of Azul.
- Oracle for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other operating systems, courtesy of Oracle. Beware that the installer may try to also install Ask Toolbar, which may need to be manually unchecked to avoid.
Having a Java Virtual Machine installed should be enough to run the game in theory. The launcher will open a file named client.jar, which may need to be associated with Java in order to run.
Please complain on the discussion board if you have trouble running the game or installing Java.